SMART plugin fails to load

2010-07-06
2012-12-12
  • Mihai Moldovan
    Mihai Moldovan
    2010-07-06

Hi,

I am using the most recent PSI version, that is SVN trunk.

For some reason, though, the SMART plugin dies badly when reading the files written to the data directory.

Basically, this is my config:
    define('PSI_PLUGIN_SMART_ACCESS', 'data');
    define('PSI_PLUGIN_SMART_DEVICES', '/dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, /dev/sdd, /dev/sde'); (< no idea how this does match with "data" access type, though)
    define('PSI_PLUGIN_SMART_DEVICE', 'ata'); (< for compliance only, as I drop the output of smartctl -d ata -all /dev/sd… to SMART{1..5}.txt into the data folder of PSI.)
    define('PSI_PLUGIN_SMART_IDS', '005-RAW_VALUE,194-RAW_VALUE,4-RAW_VALUE,009-RAW_VALUE,012-RAW_VALUE,193-RAW_VALUE,001-RAW_VALUE,007-RAW_VALUE,200-RAW_VALUE'); (< Defaults)

Basically, what happens is that PSI states "Error loading XML document for Plugin SMART". However, no errors show up in xml.php, so bad luck here.

You are free to fetch http://home.ionic.de/phpsysinfo-svn/data/SMART1.txt (etc.) as needed.

Any hints or helpful rants?

Best regards,

Mihai

• Mihai Moldovan
    Mihai Moldovan
    2010-07-07

Uh, I just fixed it, turned out I had multiple entries of each disk in these files, as I have just appended the output to the old file. Rewriting fixed it.

It should be added in the configfile though, that the disk number starts with 0, e.g. RAID0.txt, RAID1.txt etc.

Best regards,

Mihai