The Internet, 2003-10-18
The phpMyAdmin development team is pleased to announce
the availability of phpMyAdmin 2.5.4.
MySQL 4.1 Note:
phpMyAdmin's MySQL 4.1 support is still experimental
* InnoDB support in Relation view
* Login to arbitrary server
* Sort results by index
* Bookmarks for all users (public bookmarks)
* "Select" page becomes "Search"
* Compression of large Exports
* Execute uploaded gzip/bzip'd SQL-files
* Query window: new Edit button
* Add Bookmark option to query window/tab
* multi-row delete in browse mode
* Icons links for index management
* docSQL support must be explicitely enabled
* new languages: Persian, Bosnian
* no LOCK TABLES in db-specific privileges
* BINARY as an operator
* negative LIMIT
* out of memory on extended inserts
* separately export constraints, to avoid trouble on import
* left frame was not refreshed when selecting a db from the
super-user interface of databases
* extra AND was generated on older PHP versions
* could not delete a user that did not have WITH GRANT OPTION
* PDF schema: when not selected, "Show color" now avoids all color
* font size and Safari
* export of partial results and aliases: table name was wrong
* password was not kept when modifying user
* row markers and Opera 7.20
* tree view for Opera and Konqueror
* avoid output buffering for PHP3
* Safari and fonts
* scratchboard PDF editor and switching paper sizes
Download/support information on http://www.phpmyadmin.net.
Marc Delisle, for the team.
From: Scott Haneda <lists@ne...> - 2003-10-21 00:32:35
I am curious, how does phpmyadmin do its wonderful file upload to insert
data into a table? I have been trying to replicate this feature for a
client in a small web app I am making, I seem to have troubles with really
large data sets, where phpmyadmin handles it fine.
Scott Haneda Tel: 415.898.2602
http://www.newgeo.com Fax: 313.557.5052
scott@... Novato, CA U.S.A.
From: Marc Delisle <DelislMa@CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca> - 2003-10-21 15:43:08
do you mean "Insert data from a textfile into table"?
If yes, check source code in ldi_table.php and ldi_check.php.
Scott Haneda a =E9crit:
> I am curious, how does phpmyadmin do its wonderful file upload to inser=
> data into a table? I have been trying to replicate this feature for a
> client in a small web app I am making, I seem to have troubles with rea=
> large data sets, where phpmyadmin handles it fine.