After enable ForceSSL for ssl support in config.php, the redirect url will AUTOMATIC add an additional slash. This behaviour lead the cookies error where in pMA, there is always show "Cookies must be enabled past this point.".
I'm using CentOS 6.3 with php 5.3.3 with "HTTP" authenticated method. Here is a sample of the the output of "parse_url" funtion used in libraries/common.inc.php#343
1. Write a php page with onlu one command "<?php print_r(parse_url("http://localhost/phpMyAdmin")); ?>"
2. The output is "Array ( [scheme] => http [host] => localhost [path] => /phpMyAdmin/ ) "
3. In the libraries/common.inc.php, the url will be redirect to "http://localhost//phpMyAdmin" where there is an additional "/" in path.
4. If not correct the wrong path, there will always show "Cookies must be enabled past this point." in pages. And there are "import.php: Missing parameter: import_typeDocumentation" and "import.php: Missing parameter: formatDocumentation" erorrs.
5. If remove the slash and reload the pages, the notices gone.
NOTICE: if using "cookie" auth method, the ADDITIONAL slashes will show in login page but GONE whtn successful login.