fetchInto DB query error message -- solved

Help
mr rowi
2006-08-08
2013-04-11
  • mr rowi
    mr rowi
    2006-08-08

Hi, there is another case where the query fails. This is the case for those people who use a microsoft sql server with PEAR DB. The error about 'fetchInto...' occurs because the query has an ORDER BY clausule which acts on the column named 'text'. Because this column is of the type 'text', it cannot be sorted on by mssql and thus returns an error. But if you change the column type to 'varchar(255)', it works fine.

• Stephan Dunn
    Stephan Dunn
    2007-01-21

Eric Woods said:
    "Now, having addressed the factual aspects of your post, I cannot help but respond to the inflamatory aspects. It is truly ironic, even ridiculous, that after the kind of flames you throw on this forum that you have a statement suggesting one should be cautious to "avoid a poor figure on a public forum." The way you have treated me with a pompous attitude and insulting comments is truly a "poor figure" to have. It dimishes you very much."

I totally agree. This been said, Marco, you seems totally convinced that there [[can’t]] be any bugs in your code and there only dumb people here. Fine! Everybody can leave with that.

I would like to presume the attitude you let everyone see is strictly exploited to draw some attention on yourself, but just in case you’re terribly ill, my recommendation to you will be that you withdraw your project if you are not able to deal respectfully using civilized manners in regard to others ideas or matters.

Your repetitive behaviours toward those unfortunate individuals which in good faith ventured themselves in testing your project does not have any equivalence nowhere on the Web nor here on Sourceforge.net.

Few human being are exceptionally talented and able to really achieve shining things, but totally unable to interact with others. Very distinctively you are one of those.

The list of peoples you have verbally abused or excessively turn in ridicule that didn’t deserve it at all has reached a point where something needs to be done against you. I have documented your unacceptable behaves in responses to many people and filed a complaint against you using Sourceforge Reporting Sensitive Issues Procedure.