Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Rotate image

2006-01-12
2013-06-03
  • I just posted a new feature request for auto-rotating (thumbs & originals) based on exif orientation. That feature would make me switch to this package.

Mark

• I just read about the optional exiftran module available...doh!

This is great...now i just need to determine how to get it integrated post installation. Reading docs now...

Mark

• JiM / aEGIS
    JiM / aEGIS
    2006-01-12

Hi Mark,

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement as the rotate code is already there, my only concern if I put this feature in the core package would be when doing this auto-rotation ? So far the only time I would see that happen would be before thumbnail/lowres is generated. Send me an email, if you're happy to test, I'm happy to implement this feature :)

Regards, JiM.

• JiM / aEGIS
    JiM / aEGIS
    2006-01-13

Extract from jhead manual:

" -autorot
    Using  the  'Orientation'  tag  of  the Exif header, rotate the image so that it is upright.  The program jpegtran is used to perform the  rotation.  This  program  is present  in  most  Linux distributions.  For windows, you need to get a copy of it."

So basically, adding jhead won't change anything as it's calling jpegtran behind :))

What you would like is the support of auto-rotation using the exif orientation tag and this is something different.

Again I need people to tests, so if you want this feature, send me an email so that when the code is ready, you can help to test it.

Regards, JiM.

• i had a problem with the rotation of images, solved it by changeing the > to a < in functions_graphical.inc.php line 460.

if (filesize($picname_tmp) > 10) {
            trigger_error("DEBUG: Result of picture rotation for \&quot;$picname\&quot; is too small, deleting result", DEBUG);
            unlink($picname_tmp);
            trigger_error("Failed to rotate picture ".$picname, ERROR);
            return false;