Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Romanian

2007-06-11
2013-05-29
  • I've started implementing PGV on a website for my own family at the moment. In a later stage we will hopefully do the same for a larger cultural-historical project. The content will have to be available in Romanian as well so I will definitely start work on a Romanian language translation for PGV. Before I do I'd just like to make sure somebody else hasn't already started.

Chris

• Gerry Kroll
      Gerry Kroll
      2007-06-11

When you work on your translation, be sure to do so using the most recent PhpGedView version 4.1.  Currently, this is beta5.  The SVN version is beta6, but there aren't many differences in the language files between the two beta versions.

Do NOT translate 4.0.2 -- you will have a LOT of extra work later to update your translation from 4.0.2 to 4.1

Start by translating the "facts", "lang", and "countries" files, because that will make the site usable. If you plan on letting your Romanian users edit any entries, you'll also need to translate the "edit" file so that they won't be confused by the English labels on some fields.

The two "help" files represent the largest amount of work.

Please note that you DO NOT need to have the entire set of Romanian language files available at the same time.  Just post the "facts", "lang", and "countries" files to the Patches section, and I'll see that Romanian gets added to the SVN file set.  You'll also need to post the Romanian section of the language configuration file (file "includes/lang_settings_std.php").  Use Czech, Polish, and Hungarian as models.

• Mircea
      Mircea
      2008-11-01

I have done the translation of those 3 files that should be enough so that Romanian is usable and I have submitted a patch at the address below:
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2214789&group_id=55456&atid=477081

I will continue working on the rest of the language files, and as soon as I have them translated I will also send them to the Patches section.

Greetings from Romania and congratulations for this great project !

Mircea

• Mircea
      Mircea
      2008-11-01

I have also added to the patch the editor.ro.php file.

• Gerry Kroll
      Gerry Kroll
      2008-11-02

Thank you.

The Romanian language has been added to PGV version 4.1.6 as of SVN 4222.  This MIGHT make it into the pre-release version, and will DEFINiTELY be in the final release of 4.1.6.

• Gerry Kroll
      Gerry Kroll
      2008-11-02

Romanian is in the 4.1.6 files just released today (2 Nov 2008).