Missing Danish language files in PGV 4.1.5

BROE
2008-06-10
2013-05-29
  • BROE
    BROE
    2008-06-10

I have downloaded and installed PGV 4.1.5 - but the Danish language files seem to be missing as well as these two optional files:
    languages/faqlist.da.php    This optional file does not exist.
    languages/extra.da.php    This optional file does not exist.

Have they not been released or have I overlooked something?

Regards,
    BROE

• Gerry Kroll
      Gerry Kroll
      2008-06-10

There is no "faqlist.da.php" because nobody has bothered to translate the English version.

This file is simply a library of common FAQs some of which you can include in your site-specific FAQ list if you wish.  It's not required to run PhpGedView.

The file "extra.da.php" will NEVER be released.  It's intended for the site admin's use so that local modifications to the various language files can be concentrated in one place.  Because we will never release this file, you can be sure that your local language file modifications will never be destroyed by a new release of PhpGedView.

• BROE
      BROE
      2008-06-10

OK, but the other files then?

• Gerry Kroll
      Gerry Kroll
      2008-06-10

Please state your question differently.  I don't understand what you're asking.

• BROE
      BROE
      2008-06-11

Thanks for responding. Hope this information helps:

PGV appears in English even though the main language is set to Danish.

Under 'Configuration of supported languages' I get the following errors:

languages/admin.da.php    ERROR! The file does not exist...
      languages/configure_help.da.php    ERROR! The file does not exist...
      languages/countries.da.php    ERROR! The file does not exist...
      languages/editor.da.php    ERROR! The file does not exist...
      languages/facts.da.php    ERROR! The file does not exist...
      languages/help_text.da.php    ERROR! The file does not exist...

The Help text says:

PhpGedView has implemented support for many different languages. This has been achieved by keeping all text that is visible to users in files completely separate from the main program. There is a set of eight files for each supported language, and the various texts have been separated into one of these files according to function. Not all language files need to be present. When a given text is not yet available in translated form, PhpGedView will always use the English version.

My question is: Are the Danish language files for PGV 4.1.5 on their way? Or can I download them separately?

Regards,
      BROE

• Greg Roach
        Greg Roach
        2008-06-11

Which build of PGV did you download?  The "all" package includes all the languages, modules, themes, etc.  The "basic" package only includes the most common languages.

I guess Danish isn't in the basic package.  The Danish files are definitely in the full package.

• BROE
      BROE
      2008-06-11

Thanks a lot! I downloaded the basic package from http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php?title=Download. And I should - of course - have read the comments more closely:

"This package contains the core files to run PhpGedView. It includes the most commonly requested themes and language files. It does not include place maps or any modules."

Should I reinstall with the download file ALL (which I have completely overlooked!)or should I download Languages?. I am a newbie to XAMPP and PGV ...

Best regards
      BROE 

• Gerry Kroll
      Gerry Kroll
      2008-06-11

You can simply download the file PGV-Languages-4.1.5.zip, unzip it into a temporary directory on your local PC, and then copy the contents of that temporary directory into the "languages" directory within your PhpGedView installation on the server.