Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Help text (español)

2010-06-06
2013-05-29
  • Wes Groleau
    Wes Groleau
    2010-06-06

Is the difference intentional, or are they just out of sync?
    languages/configure_help.en.php:$pgv_lang = "~#pgv_lang#~<br /><br />Set to <b>Yes</b> to allow users to override the site's default language.  They can do this through their browser's preferred language configuration, configuration options on their Account page, or through links or buttons on most PhpGedView pages.<br />";
    languages/configure_help.es.php:$pgv_lang = "Fijando en 'Sí' le da a los usuarios la opción de seleccionar un idioma diferente al por omisión, desde una lista desplegable en el pie de la página, y diferente también al de su navegador.";

• I am not sure.  I think it is a mixture.  Even now the English text does not reflect the fine points of the complex behaviour that is implemented.  The setting only seems to affect the options shown to users and administrators.  I think It is possible to have it unset and have multiple languages based on browser or per-user settings, thought it may require enabling the feature temporarily.  Most of the language selection logic seems to be active even if this setting is disabled.

As far as I know, the Spanish text is closer to actual behaviour than the English text.  I think a visitor can always change the language shown by changing the browser settings.  But I am not sure 100%, I'd have to do actual tests.

Even so, I see the translation can be improved and I will do so.

Thanks,

Julio

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2010-06-06

All that the option REALLY does is to hide the language selections (flag icons or drop-down list) from the user. 

This means that the user does not have a simple way of changing page language from that chosen when he first accesses the site or from that set in his user profile.  Language switching is still possible if the user constructs a URL that supplies the correct variables.

• Wes Groleau
    Wes Groleau
    2010-06-07

In other words, both texts are wrong.  :-)

Here's a simpler item in help text:
    "vabdera"  needs to be  "bandera"  ( I think it's in the google maps)