Trubble with install 4.2.4

Help
bgjervik
2013-03-09
2013-05-29
  • bgjervik
    bgjervik
    2013-03-09

Hi For several years I have sucsessfully had PhPGedView on my site. Today it stopped working. What ever I try it only try to open install.php and I get access denied.

So after some hours of trying and also restoring the web site, I hade given up on the old instalation.

But now when I trying to install v4.2.4 as an clean insall, I also only get acsess denied on install.php. Have tried to change file permissions with no luck on config.php, index/* media/ and media/thumbs to 755. Still no action.

What to do.

By the way I can access changelog.txt in my browser, so the web server is working fine.

• Han
    Han
    2013-03-09

Install PhpGedView 4.3.0 svn
    Don't no why they do not change the downloadpage. This question is asked a 1000 times.

• bgjervik
    bgjervik
    2013-03-09

An where can i find this version. Can't find it here.

• bgjervik
    bgjervik
    2013-03-09

Tank you.

Still this do not solve my problem.
    Now I get a blank page ig I go to the directory in my site. index.php also gives a blank. Install.php gives access denied.

• bgjervik
    bgjervik
    2013-03-09

config.php is missing in this version?

• Han
    Han
    2013-03-09

Read the whole topic and you'll understand.

• bgjervik
    bgjervik
    2013-03-09

Sorry, little to fast there.

Have read the topic and also the readme file, but it changes nothing.
    I still cant run/acess install.php. Have set code 777 for Install, config…. as requested in readme.txt

By the way I had no problem installing webtrees on the same server today, but I prefer to keep using PhPGedView if possible.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-03-09

Some servers, mine included, want 755 permissions on most PHP scripts, instead of the more usual 644.

PGV needs at least 32 Mb memory, and more is better.  This limit is set in the php.ini file that your server uses to launch the PHP software.

If you see only a blank screen, or possibly a partial screen, you need to examine the page source using the tools built into your browser.  You might find a meaningful error message near the bottom of that page source.

• bgjervik
    bgjervik
    2013-03-10

Problem solved. For some reason that Bluehost and I can't undersrtand, when I canged permissions to 755 for the install.php, it was not realy changed. In my file manager and at Bluehost it was listed as 755 but when Bluehost got realy in to it they found out that it was not really changed. They fixt it ant then everything was working fine again.