Possible mail problem

Help
Thomas52
2011-09-06
2013-05-30
  • Thomas52
    Thomas52
    2011-09-06

We've probably been here, done that, but I don't find it.  After not getting any PGV email, I checked my "For support…" link and found no name, so fixed that.  But now I can get mail using the "MAIL TO:" link, but NOT using the "Internal messaging with emails."  Any ideas on where to start looking for a possible glitch?

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-09-06

Check the GEDCOM configuration --> Contact Information

Verify that you have the Contact Method options set correctly, and that you have the correct userids for the two support options set properly.

You also need to check the Preferred Contact Method option on the Account Settings page for the Support users listed in the GEDCOM configuration. 

In other words, it's not enough to tell the GEDCOM configuration to use e-mails with internal messaging to contact the Admin - the Admin actually needs to be listed as being prepared to accept both contact methods.

• Thomas52
    Thomas52
    2011-09-07

check the Preferred Contact Method option on the Account Settings page for the Support users listed in the GEDCOM configuration

Can you restate?  I have no idea where this might be?  Where are the Support Users, and where is the Account Settings page?
    Sorry, I think I'm having a "dense day."

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-09-07

Thomas:
    The users whose account settings you need to check are the ones listed in the GEDCOM configuration, "Contacts" section.  The Site and the Geneaology contacts are normally the same person, but they could be different.

You check the account settings while logged in as Admin.  Click on User Administration and then verify the settings.