Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOExc...

Help
2011-12-08
2013-05-30
  • philip_rhoades
    philip_rhoades
    2011-12-08

People,

I have installed PGV on Fedora 14 x86_64/PostgreSQL and have been able to to configure it on localhost but when I create a new gedcom (as admin) and try to modify the initial user details (I only attempted to change the names) and then try to accept the changes, I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE: Invalid text representation: 7 ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "rhoades"' in /home/html/phpgedview/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php:835 Stack
    trace: #0 : PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /home/html/phpgedview/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(835):
    call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /home/html/phpgedview/includes/functions/functions_db.php(2813): PGV_DBStatement->__call('execute', Array) #3 /home/html/phpgedview/includes/functions/functions_db.php(2813): PGV_DBStatement->execute(Array) #4 /home/html/phpgedview/includes/functions/functions_import.php(1383): get_user_from_gedcom_xref('rhoades', 'I1') #5 /home/html/phpgedview/edit_changes.php(91):  accept_changes('I1_rhoades') #6 {main} thrown in /home/html/phpgedview/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php on line 835

Is this a common newbie problem?  Can someone suggest what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Phil.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-12-08

You didn't say what version of PGV you're running.

I suspect it's 4.2.4.  You should upgrade to version 4.3.0 (the "SVN" version).  Download and upgrade instructions are in a recent Help topic post whose title begins with "Repost: ".

Follow the instructions exactly, except that it's not necessary to export the database to a GEDCOM and then re-import the GEDCOM after the upgrade.  There were no database table changes between 4.2.4 and 4.3.0.  If you're currently running anything other than 4.2.4 or an earlier version of 4.3.0, you DO have to export the database to a GEDCOM an dthen re-import after the upgrade.

• philip_rhoades
    philip_rhoades
    2011-12-08

canajun2eh,

Thanks!  I reinstalled from scratch with SVN - there was not enough data to worry about.  Now the real work starts!  PGV looks really impressive so far.

Regards,

Phil.