How to resize columns in PHPGEDview 4.

Help
M.Z. Beg
2011-07-15
2013-05-30
  • M.Z. Beg
    M.Z. Beg
    2011-07-15

Is this possible. Some columns are unnecessary too wide and some needs to be wide but are not. How to do this.  Thanks.

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-07-15

begmz
    Columns of what? Columns where? The layout of the various pages, charts, reports and graphs are obviously designed to accommodate a plethora of data with large variations in content.  Places that may be only a Top Level, all the way to five or six levels, numbers that may be as short as one numeral, or as long as 30, names as short as a couple of characters or initials, or as long as 50 or 60 characters, and all sorts of language variations.

If you find no particular need for the columns of whatever you are discussing to be as wide as they are, your data is truly unique or is a very small set.

I can't imagine you wish to tackle the css and code to adjust everything, but more power to you.
    -Stephen

• mz beg
    mz beg
    2011-07-25

Sorry I was away.

For example on Personal Facts and Details,  REFERENCE NO,. can be written 20 times, that is how wide it is. And the column after that is four time as wide as the first column. I am using 26" wide LCD monitor. Still I have to horizantally scroll to the right to see the last column.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-07-26

This behaviour is probably a bug in your browser.

It works fine in the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera.

• mz beg
    mz beg
    2011-07-27

This behavior happens only when I am logged on as Admin. on all version of explorers.

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-07-27

Can you give us an example by URL? Pretty hard to know what could be your particular problem without seeing it ourselves.
    I suspect you have a shared note with a particularly broad content or something strange in a "TYPE" field, but we can ONLY guess with the little information you have provided.
    -Stephen

• mz beg
    mz beg
    2011-07-29

As I mentioned previously it only happens when I am logged on as Adminstration.  What you are asking is to give the admin password, which I can not do.  However I will try to capture the screen and upload it some where and give you the URL.

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-07-29

begmz
    Just so you know, creating a temporary admin account for access by support staff is quite common. I've done it for a couple of developers here on my servers, and I've performed the operation on perhaps a couple of dozen support calls, like yours. However, if you want to email us a screen cap, maybe it would help, but most likely not.

FYI, I've also had a couple of dozen support calls send me an entire GEDCOM to load on my offline system to look for problems. Jerry has perhaps even higher stats on these actions than I.
    http://www.progenealogists.com/birthfromdeath.htm