Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Denial by IP

Help
Thomas52
2013-06-06
2013-07-03
  • Thomas52
    Thomas52
    2013-06-06

Yesterday, after some eye surgery, I hit the wrong key and was "locked out" of my website for a hour or so. I know I can deny hackers or others using the Site Manager "Denial by IP," but is there a way to enter an IP that is NOT to be blocked?

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-06-06

In a nutshell: "no".

The timed access denial is only for an hour and is lifted automatically after that time. It's part of the hacker detection.

If you want to adjust the time-out, you can do that in "includes/session_spider.php" around line 228.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-06-07

There's no point in implementing a "don't ever deny this IP address". Whenever you re-boot your cable or ADSL modem, you're very likely to get a new IP address. Your apparently static IP address isn't static at all.

My ISP will reassign IP addresses without my having re-booted the ADSL modem. It all depends on the lease length of the IP address.

• Thomas52
    Thomas52
    2013-07-02

No, my IP stays the same for a year or more, but I just had another block for some reason.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-07-03

Did you read my response to your post in the "Discussion" forum?

There's a bug in PGV that happens when you use the "Back" link on the Edit User page, followed by an attempt to send a message to a user. The bug won't be fixed any time soon. The block only lasts for an hour, and there's a way to avoid the bug in the first place.

My response tells you how to get around the bug.