Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Error after upgrading from 4.16 to 4.24

Help
Ray
2012-12-28
2013-05-30
  • Ray
    Ray
    2012-12-28

After upgrading from 4.16 to 4.24 I get the following error message when trying to open the website page:

exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 's_dbid'' in /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php:695 Stack trace: #0 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(695): PDO->exec('ALTER TABLE pgv…') #1 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/db_schema/db_schema_2_3.php(283): PGV_DB::exec('ALTER TABLE pgv…') #2 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(782): require('/home/shivsco/p…') #3 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/includes/session.php(325): PGV_DB::updateSchema('/home/shivsco/p…', 'PGV_SCHEMA_VERS…', 14) #4 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/config.php(69): require_once('/home/shivsco/p…') #5 /home/shivsco/public_html/shively/genealogy/index.php(29): require('/home/shivsco/p…') #6 {main}

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ray

• Ray
    Ray
    2012-12-28

I just let my site sit for several hours and now it works fine.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-12-29

You should be running the "SVN" version, which is also called "4.3.0".

Instructions are in the Help topic whose title begins with "Repost: Download "SVN" …..". 

When upgrading from 4.2.4 to 4.3.0, there's no need to do a database backup, etc.  Just replace ALL of the PhpGedView files and directories, except for file "config.php", directory "index", and directory "media", and you'll be good to go.