Unable to upload gedcom files into PHPGedView

Help
2013-10-09
2013-10-09
  • I downladoed PHVGedView 4.2.4.
    I have set a user and created the database which is present in PHPMyAdmin ans Workbench 5.6.
    When I click "Upload GEDCOM" it redirects me to editconfig_gedcom.php but the page is blank.
    Should I place my gedcom's in a specific directory? If so where shall I place them.
    Could this happen because I did not copy config.dist to config.php. If so where will I find config.dist?
    Thank you in advance.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-10-09

If you're just starting out, you should try webtrees instead of PhpGedView. Webtrees was cloned from PhpGedView over 3 years ago, and has been updated many times since then. PGV has been stagnant all that time, with only a few updates having been made.

However, if you want to use PGV, you need to download the "SVN" version. This is sometimes called "version 4.3.0".

If you follow the instructions in a Help topic post whose title begins with Repost: Download "SVN" version you'll get not quite the latest "SVN" version, but that won't matter. I just haven't had the time to update the download instructions to account for the updated SourceForge software, where they have changed the location and the method of accessing the SVN repository.

• Thank you for your tips.
    I will try both.
    One questuion remains. Where can I find a PGV 2.3 downloadable version?

• Webtrees works just fine.
    Thank you so much.