Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

errors

Help
Han
2013-03-25
2013-05-29
  • Han
    Han
    2013-03-25

A name was changed in unknown. It wasn't changed in the gedcom file. At least I changed it back but with a lot of errors and in the second line of de file http://84.81.96.112/PhpGedView/indilist.php?surname=KEIJ&ged=060812.ged there is still unknown. How can I fix it?

Keij, Florentina Margaretha
    Onbekend, Voornaam onbekend
    >ERROR 8: Undefined variable: HGIVN
    0 Error occurred on line 1608 of file edit_quickupdate.php

Notice: Undefined variable: HGIVN in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpgedview\edit_quickupdate.php on line 1608

ERROR 8: Undefined variable: HSURN
    0 Error occurred on line 1614 of file edit_quickupdate.php

Notice: Undefined variable: HSURN in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpgedview\edit_quickupdate.php on line 1614
    >ERROR 8: Undefined variable: RGIVN
    0 Error occurred on line 1629 of file edit_quickupdate.php

Notice: Undefined variable: RGIVN in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpgedview\edit_quickupdate.php on line 1629

ERROR 8: Undefined variable: RSURN
    0 Error occurred on line 1635 of file edit_quickupdate.php

Notice: Undefined variable: RSURN in C:\xampp\htdocs\phpgedview\edit_quickupdate.php on line 1635

greetings,
    Han

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2013-03-25

Han
    The answer is in your post. What are HGIVN and RSURN? These are not valid GEDCOM tags. Did you import these, or add these manually using RAW edit?

Change these tags back to valid code, and your errors should disappear.

Also, if you still use a version with QUICKUPDATE, you should NOT be doing so. Update to version 4.3 SVN as instructed on another thread or switch to webtrees. We have many Norwegian users there and have added extra coding to handle some of the more unique naming schemes too.
    -Stephen

• Han
    Han
    2013-03-25

I use the 4.3 SVN. Te changes were made by another person (in this case my wife) The only change was the spelling of the name. I can't find any of the error tags. There is only an Heb tag that I don't understand. Can I delete that with the whole content?

In the gedcom file is now this:

0 @I1331@ INDI
    1 SEX F
    1 BIRT
    2 DATE 25 AUG 1989
    2 PLAC Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, België
    1 FAMC @F1153034945@
    1 CHAN
    2 DATE 25 MAR 2013
    3 TIME 13:14:47
    2 _PGVU han
    1 CONF
    2 DATE 2000
    2 PLAC Caen, Frankrijk
    1 FCOM
    2 DATE 20 APR 1997
    2 PLAC Geldrop, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
    1 NAME Florentina Margaretha /Keij/
    2 GIVN Florentina Margaretha
    2 SURN Keij
    2 _MARNM /
    2 _HEB <br />ERROR 8: Undefined variable: HGIVN<br />0 Error occurred on line <b>1608</b> of file <b>edit_quickupdate.php</b><br /><br /><b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: HGIVN in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\phpgedview\edit_quickupdate.php</b> on line <b>1608</b><br /> /<br />ERROR 8: Undefined variable: HSURN<br />0 Error occurred on line <b>1614</b> of file <b>edit_quickupdate.php</b><br /><br /><b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: HSURN in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\phpgedview\edit_quickupdate.php</b> on line <b>1614</b><br />/
    2 ROMN <br />ERROR 8: Undefined variable: RGIVN<br />0 Error occurred on line <b>1629</b> of file <b>edit_quickupdate.php</b><br /><br /><b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: RGIVN in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\phpgedview\edit_quickupdate.php</b> on line <b>1629</b><br /> /<br />ERROR 8: Undefined variable: RSURN<br />0 Error occurred on line <b>1635</b> of file <b>edit_quickupdate.php</b><br /><br /><b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: RSURN in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs

greetings,
    Han

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-04-07

Remove the 2 _MARNM and the 2 _HEB lines.  You'll need to edit the raw GEDCOM record to do this.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-04-07

The original problem was caused by an incomplete 2 _MARNM line.  It should have looked something like the 1 NAME line preceding.