Help
2011-05-28
2013-05-30
  • José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-28

Hi

When i tray to save a change becomes ths error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'gedcom_id' cannot be null' in /home/cetosinf/public_html/genealogia/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php:835 Stack trace: #0 : PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /home/cetosinf/public_html/genealogia/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php(835): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /home/cetosinf/public_html/genealogia/includes/functions/functions_db.php(2545): PGV_DBStatement->__call('execute', Array) #3 /home/cetosinf/public_html/genealogia/includes/functions/functions_db.php(2545): PGV_DBStatement->execute(Array) #4 /home/cetosinf/public_html/genealogia/editconfig_gedcom.php(258): set_gedcom_setting(NULL, 'config', '${INDEX_DIRECTO…') #5 {main} thrown in /home/cetosinf/public_html/genealogia/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php on line 835

Many tks for help

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-05-28

Is your site already set up, or is this problem occurring when you're just starting to use the site?

What sort of change are you trying to save?  We will need a more complete description of the conditions under which you are encountering the error.  It's probably something very simple that you may have overlooked, but without more detail we can't give you a proper solution.

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-28

This is the site http://cetos.info/genealogia

The error becomes whem i (as admin) go to -> Add GEDCOM -> "Them i chnage samething An click Save configuracion

Sorry my ignorance and my englisch

Tks for help

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-05-28

It would appear you have not uploaded a GEDCOM. To take any action, you must have a GEDCOM active.
    -Stephen

• roland_l
    roland_l
    2011-05-29

Hello Jose' -

Trying to help a bit in getting your site to a working state. The next step for you IS to have some data on your site for it to become functional for others to use. While english is my only langage, I too make miskates - so no need to apologize for that ! One of the beauties of the PGV software is that others have also translated a lot of the content into their languages, including Spanish (Espanol). You can switch to one of these if it helps guide you through the site menus better.

Under the HELP (Ayuda) icon, you will see a link to the Wiki - User's Guide http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php?title=Users_Guide You will read a description on how to Start a New Tree / GEDCOM for your site. If you are currently using another "local" PC software for your genealogy, look for File> Export As… GEDCOM> in the menu. (Any Media you have there will have to be handled sepeartely, but this is described well in the Wiki also.) This file can be uploaded to your site using the Add GEDCOM option you tried before. If you have no GEDCOM file to work with or wish to start from scratch, you can enter data about your first person online (since you are the Administrator of the site). Either way, your database will begin to fill-in for you and the error message above should go away. You will then see this file name above the Welcome Page (Página de bienvenida) icon on the left.

As the site Admin, the Wiki pages will be very helpful to you in getting things up and running the way you wish them to be. Many have struggled at these beginning steps only to lose desire to make it work. You have made great progress to get this far, so don't be discouraged !

Feel free to update the forum on your progress - and Welcome to PGV !

Roland(o)

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-05-29

Monteiro2011:
    Please e-mail me with a userid and password for your site.  I would prefer a userid with Admin rights, but DO NOT e-mail me the userid and password that you originally used to set up your site.  e-mail:  gkroll at keldine dot ca

I would like to check what you have done, and how far along in the site set-up you are.

I suspect you're trying to change something in the configuration of an existing genealogical database, and you're not using the correct menu entry on the Manage GEDCOMs page.

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-29

Done!

Email send!

Tks ;-)

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-05-30

I received the requested information.

The site has not been completely set up - No GEDCOM has been imported.

I gave Jose some hints on what to do to populate the database.

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-30

Im so noob

Tks to canajun2eh now work nice. tks for your help and time. tks again

a small question. its possibly a user  make their own family tree?

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-05-30

Jose:
    Yes, users can be permitted to make additions or changes to the family tree you have just started.  You just need to give them "edit" rights by modifying their account privileges from the User administration page.

You must be very careful when you allow users to edit the database contents.  Not all users are careful about the quality of the data they enter, and you will probably need to correct a lot of mistakes before you permanently accept their changes into the database.  If this happens frequently, you'll need to educate the users who make these mistakes about what they're doing wrong.

Above all, do NOT set any user privileges so that their database changes are automatically accepted without your reviewing them.

When you, as the administrator, make database changes, you probably are doing a whole lot of them at the same time.  It's a lot faster and easier if you set your own account privileges to automatically accept all changes immediately.  That way, you can see right away what the database will look like without needing to review and approve your own changes first.

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-30

I see

But thei can strar a new family tree. Not the family tree that i start. i talk abut a member star a family tree for is family. It´s possibel?

Tank you for help

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-05-30

And, to specifically answer your question. They may not start a tree, but you can create a tree and give them access and edit rights. PGV can 'host' multiple trees, accessed from the Home Page. You can even create a complete 'dummy' tree, with a "john Doe' entry which your user(s) can change to themselves and then branch off from there.
    -Stephen

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-30

Ok

If i have some friend all whit difrents familys eg 5. i have to create 5 family tree. right?

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-05-30

Correct, although they could all be on one tree that has no 'connections', but that would not be very family tree correct. Unlinked families are not the intentions.
    -Stephen

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-30

Ok. i see

Tks to all

;-)

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-31

I'm sad

I would like this application allows members to create their family tree without being an administrator to start it. I think PhpGedView fantastic

Perhaps in the near future this will happen ;-)

There is the possibility of a member to create a family tree on a PC program and then export to PhpGedView???

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-05-31

No - it is not at all likely to happen. Security of the site and the data would be very vulnerable, let alone a loss of control of your own server.

Yes, the import of standard GEDCOM from any other source is a key feature of PGV.
    -Stephen

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-05-31

But theres a way to user export a file to the PGV

Tks for your time and help

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-06-06

Theres a way to a user import a file GEDCOM  to the PGV????

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-06-06

NO
    We have not designed PGV to let users or visitors access Administrative Level actions.

Who could possibly want just anyone mucking with your server? Think about it.
    -Stephen

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-06-06

Ok

Tks for help ;-)

• José Monteiro
    José Monteiro
    2011-06-07

Hello

I make my family tree whit software MyHeritage Family Tree Builder them i export the file. Them whit PGV i have impoert the same file. But i i dont see the names

Tks for help :-/

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-06-07

José:
    Please e-mail me a copy of the file you have exported from MyHeritage and are trying to get PhpGedView to accept.  I will look at it to see what's wrong.  You should send the file as an attachment to the e-mail.

e-mail:  gkroll at keldine dot ca

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2011-06-08

Joe
    Please do not re-use a previous thread that has little or nothing to do with a new problem. The purpose of these forums is not necessarily to provide just you with answers to your personal questions, but to build a database of knowledge that others can use to search for solutions to their own similar problems. The TITLE/SUBJECT of each thread is most important and should be a clear indication of the specific issue you are experiencing. Easy to make new threads for each problem. Please do so.
    -Stephen