Help
Irene Eng
2013-09-02
2013-09-02
  • Irene Eng
    Irene Eng
    2013-09-02

Hi
    There is no indication when the kid is listed under his/her bio parents .. how could I know??

I messed up one: I just found out April was adapted but I entered her as born to her parents ... she had husband and two kids... What's the best way to fix this - other than a screaming note?

Thanks ..

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2013-09-02

Irene
    The drama is not necessary. These are simple problems that can occur for anyone and are easily remedied, particularly if you have learned the GEDCOM standard.

You may add his/her bio parents and then using CHANGE FAMILY MEMBERS under EDIT in the FAM record of the new family, add him/her and PEDI birth. Then under the current FAM record, simply add a PEDI
    1 FAMS @Fxxxx@
    2 PEDI adopted

If you wish to do this with a GUI, simply use the CHANGE FAMILY MEMBERS, drop him/her from the existing family and then add him/her back, selecting the PEDI type = adopted.

• Irene Eng
    Irene Eng
    2013-09-02

Thanks Stephen
    ... sorry ... Where can I find this Change Fam Mem?

Thank you
    The retard

Attachments
  • Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2013-09-02

Irene
    You should really READ instruction, perhaps a couple of times?
    I said: "You may add his/her bio parents and then using CHANGE FAMILY MEMBERS under EDIT in the FAM record of the new family, add him/her and PEDI birth."

Go to the FAM RECORD and inspect EDIT options. We've discussed this option previously for other things.