Hide Menu or submenu items in phpgedview4.2.4

Help
sitetray
2013-01-02
2013-05-30
  • sitetray
    sitetray
    2013-01-02

Does anyone know how I can disable the menu or sub menu items in the latest phpgedview 4.2.4.
    I want to remove some items like help menu etc.
    Thanks,

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2013-01-02

Not so easy, but also you shouldn't be using v4.2.4, but rather v4.3 - the SVN version shown on another HELP thread.
    -Stephen

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2013-01-02

Are you SURE you want to tinker with the program?  You won't get any support if you break it.  There isn't a great deal of support anyway, since just about everybody has left the project in favour of Webtrees.

Each theme has two files that control what's at the top of every page.  These files are header.php and toplinks.php .

For every theme except cloudy, the menus are generated in toplinks.php.  In the cloudy theme, that's done in header.php .  We just never got around to making the cloudy theme work like all the others.

The actual HTML for the menus and submenus is generated in various functions in includes/classes/class_menu.php  and includes/classes/class_menubar.php .

• sitetray
    sitetray
    2013-01-02

Canajun2eh, Thank you very much for your reply. I will try with some other theme other than cloudy.  But as per the above opinion, now I am thinking about Webtrees. Thanks to okbigkid too.