Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Error sending e-mails

Help
2012-11-09
2013-05-30
  • When a new user register or I want to send a message to users, I receive the following error message:

ERROR 2: fsockopen() : php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
    0 Error occurred on in function fsockopen
    1 called from line 122 of file class.smtp.php in function Connect
    2 called from line 810 of file class.phpmailer.php in function SmtpConnect
    3 called from line 706 of file class.phpmailer.php in function SmtpSend
    4 called from line 576 of file class.phpmailer.php in function Send
    5 called from line 154 of file functions_mail.php in function pgvMail
    6 called from line 547 of file authentication.php in function addMessage
    7 called from line 135 of file message.php

Warning: fsockopen() : php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/bc/www/familiabuchmann/genealogia/includes/class.smtp.php on line 122

ERROR 2: fsockopen() : unable to connect to smtp@bc.adm.br:587 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)
    0 Error occurred on in function fsockopen
    1 called from line 122 of file class.smtp.php in function Connect
    2 called from line 810 of file class.phpmailer.php in function SmtpConnect
    3 called from line 706 of file class.phpmailer.php in function SmtpSend
    4 called from line 576 of file class.phpmailer.php in function Send
    5 called from line 154 of file functions_mail.php in function pgvMail
    6 called from line 547 of file authentication.php in function addMessage
    7 called from line 135 of file message.php

Warning: fsockopen() : unable to connect to smtp@bc.adm.br:587 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /home/bc/www/familiabuchmann/genealogia/includes/class.smtp.php on line 122

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SMTP::getError() in /home/bc/www/familiabuchmann/genealogia/includes/class.phpmailer.php on line 1923

Please, help me to correct it!

Thanks.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-11-09

What version of PGV are you using?  Has this ever worked in the past?

It's possible that your ISP has changed the SMTP server logon credentials, and that you need to reconfigure PhpGedView to match the new server settings.

I notice that you are NOT using PGV version 4.3.0 (the "SVN" version).  You are strongly advised to upgrade.  Instructions for downloading and installing/upgrading are found in a recent Help topic whose title begins with "Repost: Download "SVN" …."