Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Problem starting from scratch

Help
Dan
2012-09-22
2013-05-30
  • Dan
    Dan
    2012-09-22

I'm following this page:
    http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php?title=Create_a_new_GEDCOM

However, I keep seeing "This GEDCOM has not yet been imported. ". The documentation says that it would be imported automatically. I also cannot see the 3 menu options per the documentation.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-09-22

The problem is caused by a change introduced in SVN 7075.  It is now fixed in SVN 7078, and you can either wait until tomorrow to download a new copy, or you can fix the version you have now.

Here's what you can do to fix the problem yourself:

On your local PC, make the following changes to the downloaded copy of PGV.  Be sure to use a simple text editor such as Notepad, and save the files as plain text files.  The same change needs to be made to both files, but the line numbers are different.

Change from

import_req_variables('p');

to

import_req_variables('gp');

(a) file:  editconfig_gedcom.php, line 37
    (b) file:  uploadgedcom.php, line 67

After having made the changes, copy the two changed files to the server's directory where PGV is installed.

Note:
    The Wiki article's screenshot does not show the file name with the usual ".ged" or ".GED" name extension.  It's advisable to always use a file name extension.  This avoids confusion later.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-09-25

Please see bug report 3571316 .  There's an attached ZIP file containing updates that might fix this problem.