Site Crash

Help
jon90
2012-02-29
2013-05-30
  • jon90
    jon90
    2012-02-29

My site has recently crashed and I have no idea how to bring it back into service.  I can not even get into the site.

The error protocol listed when typing the URL (http://www.seligman.org.il/seligmantree/phpgedview/) is:

ERROR 2: get_class() expects parameter 1 to be object, integer given
    0 Error occurred on in function get_class
    1 called from line 589 of file DB.php in function isError
    2 called from line 550 of file DB.php in function connect
    3 called from line 94 of file functions.php in function check_db
    4 called from line 653 of file session.php in function require_once
    5 called from line 68 of file config.php in function require_once
    6 called from line 28 of file index.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function AddToLog() in /home/isdzijyd/public_html/seligmantree/phpgedview/includes/functions.php on line 396

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. I am only partially literate in 'computerese' so a de-jargoned reply as much as possible will be welcome.

Thanks,
    Jon90

• Stephen Arnold
    Stephen Arnold
    2012-02-29

Jon
    What version? What PHP? Any changes?
    I would suggest replacing your files with the latest version (ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST).
    A crash may have corrupted certain files.
    -Stephen

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-02-29

I notice that the list of error messages mentions file "DB.php".  This file was last used in PhpGedView version 4.1.6.

That version is WAY out of date.

I suspect that your site was hacked and that the PGV installation was trashed.  You should upgrade to version 4.3.0 (the "SVN" version).  Download and installation instructions are in a recent Help topic whose title begins with "Repost: …"

With any luck, the database and the site configuration file "config.php" are still intact.  If so, the upgrade to 4.3.0 should recover your information.

If you run into problems doing the upgrade, please start a new Help topic here.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-02-29

I forgot to say:
    Since your site won't run at all, you will have to skip the upgrade step that tells you to export the database to a GEDCOM.  The GEDCOM that should be in the "index" directory will have to be used for re-importing.

If you don't understand the upgrade instructions, or if important files or directories are missing from your trashed installation, do NOT continue, but e-mail me:  gkroll at keldine dot ca

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-03-01

I'm working with Jon on this.  We're exchanging e-mails.