Is this currect file?

Bhavin
2011-08-27
2013-05-30
  • Bhavin
    Bhavin
    2011-08-27

Modifying PGV Theme for integration with Joomla

Since version 4 menu items are called in header.html which is located in your theme directory. With integration into a Content Management System you may want menu items to appear only if the person is logged into your system. This is particularly relevant to the login options for phpGedView. This can be done on an integration of Joomla, PGV and Ron Fields Component for PGV. It is accomplished using the following code in header.html around the menu item that you wish to only be shown if a person is logged into Joomla:-

$uname = getUserName();
        if (! empty($uname)) {
         menu item goes here
        }

The line beginning with $uname only needs to be present once if you choose to use it on multiple items. Even if a person goes to PGV directly, http://yoursite.example/phpgedview the items will not be displayed.

That menu item appear will only appear if the person is logged into Joomla.

This has not been tested on any other integration but I can not see why it would not work.

There is no file name header.html

There is file available header.php in phpgedview/theme/cloudy/header.php

Thanks in advance

• ggpauly
    ggpauly
    2011-08-27

If you are asking if  the file header.php in a theme directory is the right place to put code to add a button to the header, the answer is yes.

• Bhavin
    Bhavin
    2011-08-29

hi ggpauly,
    I am asking about header.html in my post.

Where it is located.?

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-08-29

There is no header.html file.  It's been replaced by header.php.

If you need to add menu items to the top of each page, you need to look at header.php and toplinks.php in each theme directory. 

• Bhavin
    Bhavin
    2011-08-31

canajun2eh

Thanks for your reply

• razor66666
    razor66666
    2012-02-05

Can anyone give me an example of the "menu item goes here"? Or what are some ideas on what we should think about putting there?  Thank you.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2012-02-05

You should look at the toplinks.php file for one of the themes to see what it does.  Most of the time, the toplinks.php file calls on functions to construct the menu.  This is so because the menus are common to all themes.

You'll find the various functions in "includes/classes/class_menubar.php".

Nobody can advise you as to what other stuff could be included in a custom menu.  This is entirely up to you.