PGV Site registration

2004-11-01
2013-05-30
  • István Pető
    István Pető
    2004-11-01

Hello,

it's good to see the number of registered PGV sites growing... However, it'd be cool if people can use this feature other ways besides the imporvement of site traffic. I have thought it over and found out the following possible development ways:
    - Advanced searching/filtering methods: Since many useful attributes of the sites (like suported languages and version) are stored in DB, I think it'd be quite easy to make possible that people can filter the registered sites by them...
    - As I wrote in my previous post, ordering the sites by date can help us to pick up the latest registrations.
    - Maybe it wouldn't be useless if an email address would be required (or users can set an email addy) in order to inform them e.g. about the latest releases... I saw that lots of the registered sites have v3.0 and a few of them still have v2.xx :O I think thay can be encouraged to upgrade by the help of these 'newsletters'...

Regards,
    Istvn

• John Finlay
    John Finlay
    2004-11-01

Sourceforge already has ways to monitor file packages so that you can be notified when a new release is available.

Also, even if people upgraded, they would still have to come back to the registry page and update their entry with the new version number.

I think that a list of the most recent registrations is a good idea. I just haven't had time to program it.

I have hopes to be able to use this list to create a global PGV search.  I think it would be cool to search all of the PGV sites in the world from a central location.

So much to do... so little time ;)

--John