Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Been Lurking :) Great Job

2011-04-14
2013-05-30
  • I have been lurking in the forum for a few weeks or so. I have to say this is a active, helpful, community I have seen, in a internet forum. I have been monitoring the entire forum for a little bit to see how active. Everyone involved should be very proud of your accomplishments. As soon as I am able God willing I will be donating to this group. I will also be building a website as well. Great Job I will be doing our site in the same spirit you have done here. I am more than impressed. I am very glad to have found this community and the software to do a family site. Thanks :)

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2011-04-14

Thanks for the positive comments.

PhpGedView used to be a LOT more active.  Unfortunately, most of the developers left the project to embark on a spin-off.  This spin-off is called webtrees - you need to do a Google search to find the project's home site.

One of the prime reasons webtrees was spun off is that PhpGedView had become too cumbersome, with a lot of code that the large majority of users did not use.  Webtrees is reported to be much leaner and therefore much quicker.  If you're just starting out, you should take a look at webtrees.

I haven't left the project mainly because PhpGedView does the job for me (it ain't broke - why fix it), and "somebody" needs to stick around to lend a helping hand where possible and to patch things up when something falls apart.

PhpGedView is currently in "maintenance" mode, with practically no development being done.