I have 3 databases ON THE SAME SITE. A B C with their individual Gedcoms
I have records for the same individual in both A & C in A the id number is I567 and in C id is I9.
I went to the individual in database A and created a remote link to the individual in database C.
Then I made changes to the record in database C.
When I look at the record for that individual in database A, the changes do not show!
I checked the Gedcom record in database A and it seems fine. PGV created the RFN and SOUR entries, and the SOUR entries points to the correct Gedcom.
Am I doing something wrong? or this is a bug?
I would very much like this to work since it would reduce significantly the amount of work I have to do.
Did you accept the changes in gedcom C ?
IIRC, the linking mechanism only looks at accepted changes, not pending changes.
Yes I did
I checked the record of the individual in gedcom C, there was noting added to it. Should there have been something?
I just tried again,
I deleted the relevant entries in the record in gedcom A.
Tried the whole process again. Accepted the changes in gedcom A, and also went to see gedcom C but there were no changes to be accepted:
PGV's remote linkage is more a bit of program-pointer magic than anything. The data in GEDCOM B will never be copied into GEDCOM A, only at-best, displayed there - and only then depending on the rights (privacy rule application) of the accessing individual. If this person is living, then you would have had to sign in with rights to see all living persons in both GEDCOMs to even have a shot of displaying "B's facts in "A". I have found it better at displaying the connecting spousal information.
Remember, when you go to export Gedcom A and use it elsewhere, you will have all these pointers and sourcing that no longer mean anything as Gedcom B's information is not captured within A, only remotely linked for displaying online at best.