Hebrew date handling

Veit
2010-01-11
2013-05-30
  • Veit
    Veit
    2010-01-11

I'm experimenting a little bit  with using hebrew dates. My gedcom default is gregorian calender.
    I have assigned a persons birth 4 TVT 4670 and it's interpreted right without an additional calender escape, but there is no conversion to gregorian shown like for the julian dates. I checked this in the database also to be sure, it is recognized as HEBREW.
    Now I go back to the welcome page and take a look at statistics. 4670 is shown as my earliest birth year. Which is right but very irritating because its higher than the gregorian years and no conversion to gregorian is shown. Then the birth event of this person shown in the statistics is empty, the same for this person in the favorites.

Am I doing something wrong in the usage of HEBREW dates or is this a bug? My intention is to have gregorian as standard, but if there are HEBREW or JULIAN dates to input them like found on the source and have them shown additionally converted to GREGORIAN.

I would be interested in some best practices from other genealogists.

Thanks,
    Veit 

• Greg Roach
    Greg Roach
    2010-01-11

It sounds like the stats code is simply printing the year, rather than using the proper API, which would be to display the date with a format mask of "Y".  Using the API should ensure that the site's settings for calendar display/conversion are honoured.

• Gerry Kroll
    Gerry Kroll
    2010-01-11

Veit:

Most of the Statistics code was done by Lukasz.  Contact him.