PGV Hosting

Thomas52
2011-03-25
2013-05-30
  • Thomas52
    Thomas52
    2011-03-25

Can anyone recommend hosting for PGV?  I have a cousin who set up a site with RelatedFamilies.com and has been having a great deal of problems.  I think YourBeginnings.com also does PGV hosting.  Recommendations, experience, pros/cons?

• ggpauly
    ggpauly
    2011-03-25

Hi Thomas,

Ancestor Tree hosts PGV sites at http://ancestortree.net

Plans start at $44 a YEAR! and  include installation, upgrades, support, automated remote backups 4x daily, FTP or sFTP access for file transfer.   Logins use HTTPS for protection against eavesdropping.  You also get site visitor statistics and direct MySQL database access.  We'll provide a domain name (like surname.ancestortree.net)  or host your domain if you have one at no added cost.

There are NO set limits on media size, number of media items, bandwidth, number of individuals, or number of families. 

Other Ancestor Tree plans allow more access (SSH), more frequent backups, direct HTTPS, and private servers.

We also offer our backup service to genealogists hosting their sites elsewhere.

I'm affiliated with Ancestor Tree and can vouch that we are good, knowledgeable, hard-working people.