Any progress on WPPGV wordpress plugin?

Halim I.
2009-03-24
2013-05-30
  • Halim I.
    Halim I.
    2009-03-24

Hi,

Is there any progress made on the wordpress plugin WPPGV for seamless wordpress<->phpgedview integration? The software comes with lots of warnings about being a work in progress and experimental in its current state.

It's a great idea and project to be able to integrate the two, especially with a common username/password signin database, so any progress or status news on this would be _greatly_ appreciated!

Thanks for a great job!

• kiwi_pgv
      kiwi_pgv
      2009-03-24

I'm not aware of anyone in the PGV development team that is either working on  wordpress integration, or that uses it.

You should probably ask about it on a wordpress forum, perhaps?

• Halim I.
      Halim I.
      2009-04-04

Thanks for answering. I have asked in the wordpress forum, but there's no response there..  Posted here because the plugin links to phpgedview's wiki as its homepage and to the novice user (me :-) ) looks as though it's meant to be an official bridge between the two...

So if the author(s) behind wppgv reads this - thanks for a great start - based on the download and visitor count on wordpress.org it seems clear that I'm not alone really hoping for this feature.

Any news on project status would be most welcome!

• Jim Carey
    Jim Carey
    2010-12-12

Hi,
    I have just about completed it - it uses a combination of the wppgv wordpress plugin, with substantal customisations and the cms_login.php mod (again quite a lot of mods).

At the moment it works to provide auto login - havent worked on the iframe component yet - will probably do so soon - but the new window auto login works well

It also seems to be secure - but am looking for someone who knows what they are doing with Wordpress and phpgedview to assist me on this - anyone ?

Jim