Make your own template

Help
qwerty759
2010-11-26
2013-05-28
  • qwerty759
    qwerty759
    2010-11-26

Is there any information about how to make your own template?

• rolf
    rolf
    2010-11-26

================================================================================
    TEMPLATES
    ================================================================================

This site can be customized by adding your own template. Take a look at the
        tpl/default/ directory and copy this directory to your own tpl directory.
        Now you can adjust the config/config.php to your template. Check all
        template files and try to adjust them to your own whishes.
        If you only want to adjust some colors, open the
        tpl/<template_dir>/css/style.css and style_ie.css to adjust the css of the
        site.

• qwerty759
    qwerty759
    2010-11-26

Thanks for your quick reply!

i understand what your saying about the templates (i read this in the readme.txt as well)
    but the real question is how i build my own template.
    is it a standard smarty template?
    For the record i'm not a programmer, and i just want to know if i can make my own template
    without to much knowledge. if it's to hard i stick with the default template

• rolf
    rolf
    2010-11-26

2010-11-26 21:57:25 CET
    Yes, it is a standard smarty template, so what you can do is take a look at the default template and see what variables ({if $loggedin && $User->isEditor()} for example) there are and how you can create your own template. Just restyle the same .html pages the way you like and adjust the style sheets. Good luck! And if you really like your template, please send it to me and maybe I'll distribute it with the next release.

• qwerty759
    qwerty759
    2010-11-27

ok i understand now

maybe i'll give it a try
    but i don't expect to build something on short notice, so it may take a wile