Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Is this project dead?

Help
qwerty759
2011-11-03
2013-05-28
  • qwerty759
    qwerty759
    2011-11-03

Like the title said: is this project dead and not maintained anymore?
    I'm trying to fix and /or change things in this project.

If it's not maintained anymore can the maker provide me with some details about how this project is build up?
    So i can try to make it work the way i want to.

Thanks in advance

• rolf
    rolf
    2011-11-04

Hi,

To me it is not dead. Just a few weeks ago, I started to update all the code to php5.3 and update the default skin. You can wait for the new version or if you want, you can ask my any kind of question how this project work, so you can modify it yourself. Basically all the source code you can download and modify yourself.

Cheers

• qwerty759
    qwerty759
    2011-11-04

Thanks for the reply

I was a little worried about this project because i didn't get any answer to the questions i asked.
    Nice to know that you are updating to php 5.3, great! Does that also mean that newer mysql versions are supported?

The following questions:

1 how can i make the other fields work like the cast field? The cast field list the items below each other like a kolom, but all the other fields are lines separated by comma's. I want to make the music, and possible other fields, work just like the cast field.

2 I asked a few questions about the cover that comes from imdb, but i now understand that cover isn't resized at all (correct me if i'm wrong). Only the cover you upload yourself in the edit screen is resized. Is there a possibility to auto resize the cover from imdb to 100x150 pixels? In your screenshots the covers are much smaller then the covers downloaded from imdb. If the covers are too big the mouse over feature doesn't work right.

3 If you add a new movie the plot outline field contains, besides the actual tekst, paragraph marks and html code like "see full summary" or "item description" how can this be automatically removed?

4 How can i automatically add information from the imdbphp2 engine in the following fields: producer, music? Those fields are not automatically filled in, while the imdbphp2 engine this information provide.

5 Is it possible to add imdb trailers to the drop down menu in the edit movie screen so i can choose between apple trailers and imdb trailers. I like imdb trailers because you don't need extra codecs or players just a browsers and flash. Now i have to go to the imdb site, copy the trailer link and paste it in the trailer field. How can i do this myself?

I understand that i ask a lot and i appreciate all the help that you provide to help me do it myself.
    However you must understand that i'm not a programmer. So if you can direct me in the right direction, provide pieces of code or code changes i much appreciate this.

Maybe this will help to make this project even better for others

• rolf
    rolf
    2011-11-11

1 how can i make the other fields work like the cast field? The cast field list the items below each other like a kolom, but all the other fields are lines separated by comma's. I want to make the music, and possible other fields, work just like the cast field.

All fields are separated by newlines, but if you want to modify some, check the Movie class (lib/objects/Movie.class.php) and check the template file that displays the movie information (tpl/movies/movie.html) and reuse or create a function to split the  items by newlines or comma (getList($field)).

2 I asked a few questions about the cover that comes from imdb, but i now understand that cover isn't resized at all (correct me if i'm wrong). Only the cover you upload yourself in the edit screen is resized. Is there a possibility to auto resize the cover from imdb to 100x150 pixels? In your screenshots the covers are much smaller then the covers downloaded from imdb. If the covers are too big the mouse over feature doesn't work right.

Open the Movie class again and specify the max-height for the image in the function getTip($dir = "").

3 If you add a new movie the plot outline field contains, besides the actual tekst, paragraph marks and html code like "see full summary" or "item description" how can this be automatically removed?

Update to the latest imdbphp2 engine. Copy the files from the latest release http://projects.izzysoft.de/ftp/net/div/izzysoft/imdbphp2.php to lib/util/imdbphp. Make sure you keep your original imdb_config.class.php and compare its values with the new config file from the package you download.

4 How can i automatically add information from the imdbphp2 engine in the following fields: producer, music? Those fields are not automatically filled in, while the imdbphp2 engine this information provide.

Update to the latest imdbphp2. Music is not always filled if I remember correctly.

5 Is it possible to add imdb trailers to the drop down menu in the edit movie screen so i can choose between apple trailers and imdb trailers. I like imdb trailers because you don't need extra codecs or players just a browsers and flash. Now i have to go to the imdb site, copy the trailer link and paste it in the trailer field. How can i do this myself?

The next version will no longer have apple trailers, but just a URL field to enter any trailer you want. A player will not be included.

• qwerty759
    qwerty759
    2011-11-11

First of all i would like to thank you for the reply and the answers.
    However there are still some points that i can't figure out.

Point 1
    Maybe i wasn't clear enough of what i meant to ask, or i don't understand your answer.
    What i want to do is that the music field list the text in this field in lines instead of behind each other separated by a comma. The cast field has the behavior that i want. Here is a example:

Cast: bla bla                         Music: blabla, bla bla, bla bla
               bla bla
               bla bla

Point 2
    I can't get this to work (probably due to my knowledge of php, which is close to none). Can you give the actual code what i must use?

Point 3
    This doesn't work, there is no file called imdb_config.class.php i think it's name is changed in mdb_config.class.php. but if i compare this file with the one from the latest imdphp2 engine i can't seem to find no changes related to this problem. If i use the engine that came originally with php4dvd (version 1.2) the problem is the same.

Point 4
    I'm already using the latest imdphp2 engine so that doesn't solve this issue.
    I've setup the imdbphp2 engine on my website to test, and all the movies that i search are all fields filled in. (except when die info is non existed at imdb off course) http://www.riethorst.net/imdbphp2 test it if you like.

Point 5
    Is it possible then to change (in the upcoming version) the apple trailers in imdb trailers?
    If i still want a player can i add this myself? if yes would you be so kind to tell me how? ( i added a feature request for a player)

• rolf
    rolf
    2011-11-13

I'm sorry, I'm not going to give you any pieces of code, because this will take too much time. I'm working on the new version as we speak, so if you have a little more patience, you get a new version soon. If you really want to modify stuff, you should read about PHP and the Smarty template engine this project uses so you can adjust the project to your liking and wishes.

• qwerty759
    qwerty759
    2011-11-13

Ok, i understand that it will take too much time, and i will be patient waiting for the new version.
    I'm trying to understand php but i'm not very good at it.
    guess i want more than i can make happen myself, sorry about that

thank you again for all the answers.

• rolf
    rolf
    2012-01-05

The new version with all new and improved options is available!