I've noticed a good deal of strangeness in the behavior
of some syndicators that are pulling from my site.
I've tracked the behavior down to the pubDate field.
In this report, I am talking about the main RSS 2.0
feed, not the one that lists comments; that is, the
feed you could find at
Serendipity is taking the pubDate field to mean "date
of last comment post" rather than "date of post of
article itself." This is not really correct.
In fact, I verified this behavior. I saved off a copy
of the feed, posted a copy, and saved off another copy.
The diff is attached.
Now, as for why this is happening... I don't know. The
article publishing date on the website for the blog
itself remains correct all the time. Only the feed
seems to be impacted.
Just in case, I tried reverting my earlier patch for
the regex patch, and go to a more supported URL scheme,
but that made no difference.