From: Ben Clewett <B<en@cl...> - 2004-10-28 11:11:28
New version 0.102.2.
This only contains a compilation fix for Solaris. Please update from
0.102.1 only if you have Solaris.
Same notes apply for other users upgrading to 0.102.x version:
0.101.1 was a major rewrite of the code of the parser and few bugs were
0.102.1 takes benefit of the new code to provide a lot of new features,
including : -
perfparse-log2file that outputs the perfdata to a file (rotation possible) -
perfparse-log2socket to connect to a server and send the perfdata
through the network -
perfparsed, a daemon that can read from a pipe (native in nagios-2.0) or
a network socket.
- perfparse-log2db runs in the same way as in 0.101.1.
perfparse-log2* binaries each enable one storage module.
perfparsed can enable any. Here are the modules :
- mysql : the one that you already use in perfparse-0.101.1. Some bug
- output_file [new] : writes the data to a file. File rotation is
possible with one file per day.
- output_socket [new] : writes the data into a socket. The server can be
perfparsed with the socket server enabled.
- print : this is an example for developers, but is disabled by default.
Documentation is in docbook format in doc/ and a html file was generated
there too. Check the documentation for the new possibilities that
perfparsed gives you !
Last thing : the undocumented --show_config in perfparse-log2* and
perfparsed make them print the configuration option in a format
compatible with the configuration file. Please check your default options :)
Ben / Yves.