The 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2 version of the Pentaho BI Suite Community Edition (CE) is available for download.
New in 3.0:
* Platform Plug in architecture - easier to created plugins and extend the platform framework
* CDF (Community Dashboard Framework) is now a standard part of the platform
- contribution thanks to Pedro Alves (Webdetails.pt), Ingo Klose (SHS VIVEON AG), Tom Barber and others...
* Open Flash Charts - contribution thanks to Nick Goodman - (Bayon Technologies, Inc.) and Tom Qin
* WSDL based web service layer infrastructure
* Many user enhancements and bug fixes...
Client tools updated for 3.0:
* Design Studio:
* Metadata Editor:
* Report Designer:
This is a release candidate of the Community Edition product. A release candidate (RC) has the potential
to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. All features are complete and no fatal
errors are known. An RC gives the community one last chance to test and find any major issues before the
release is marked as stable. An RC is not production quality but is ready for acceptance testing if you
are upgrading an existing sever.