it was more than overdue, so I finally made a file release of
PeerGuardian Linux. Thanks to all of you, who helped with its
I hope that releasing pgl somehow gives a new development boost,
either by old developers, or by new ones. As you might have noted,
development was stalled the past few months. Particularly the GUI is
just not ready, yet. Therefore I decided to name the released file
pgl_no-GUI_2.0.0.tgz, in order to avoid any wrong expectations by our
The current development status (I didn't check the commits for this
list, so I might miss some things):
- based on nfblock
- some bug fixes, especially in variables declaration
- improved blocklist handling, including premerging of single blocklists
- improved, simplified logging (all messages in the same format for a
better reading of the logfile. But here I have to admit that while
doing this we kicked dbus support, I think reimplementing this is the
biggest TODO for pgld)
- added port and protocol logging to the logging of blocked IPs
Thanks Cade, for all this work here! Of course Jindrich and Morpheus
have to be credited for their underlying work, too!
- based on blockcontrol
- some bug fixes and improvements
- installation paths are finally configurable in the Makefile. Paths
in the scripts get adjusted automatically.
- work on a Qt GUI was started. But it is not usable, yet.
- a common (modular) Makefile for pgld and pglcmd. I haven't managed
yet to adapt pgl-gui, but this should be a doable task.
- pgl-gui uses cmake
- I maintain a repository for Debian lenny, squeeze and sid at
http://moblock-deb.sourceforge.net and for Ubuntu karmic and lucid in
my PPA at https://launchpad.net/~jre-phoenix.
- Other distributions have no support, yet.
- Any developers? New ones or old ones?
- We need a GUI
- Re-add dbus support (interesting for the GUI)
- Add your pet features
- Support of other distributions (next to Debian)
All in all, have fun!
New version. Especially better iblocklist.com integration.
What about you?
[ jre ]
* use "-m multiport --ports" for port whitelisting
* added delete_iptables if inserting iptables fails
* added direct support for all currently available iblocklist URLs in the
format http://list.iblocklist.com/lists/<author>/<list>. They are recognized
to be the same as the cryptic iblocklist URLs, and if available the original
upstream URLs. Simplified code.
* updated documentation and 2.0.0 ChangeLog
-- jre <jre-phoenix@...> Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:33:52 +0200