#255 PG2 not on taskbar / tray

closed
nobody
None
5
2012-11-11
2007-10-10
philakid
No

I got a new Windows Vista PC and I have PG2 set to start on boot. I can see PG2 in the task manager list of processes but there is no icon in the system tray and I do not visually see PG2 starting - so I cannot see anything in the task bar. I tried killing the process and restarting PG2. But still have no visible window.

This happens 99% of the time. On the other 1% of time, it starts, I can see the window, minimize it and also see the icon in the task bar.

Discussion

  • 怪手
    怪手
    2007-11-15

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1937743
    Originator: NO

    I have the same problem under Windows XP pro 2.
    It seems PG2 conflict with ANTIVIR PE & OS.

     
  • 怪手
    怪手
    2007-11-15

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1937743
    Originator: NO

    My OS: Windows XP pro SP2.
    AntiVirus program: Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic(AntiVir PE).

     
  • 怪手
    怪手
    2007-11-15

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1937743
    Originator: NO

    I am sorry for the mistake that my PG2 is beta version not alpha.
    It seems OK now.

     
  • pavsid
    pavsid
    2008-01-12

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=1979692
    Originator: NO

    Hi,

    I am having this problem in Vista 32bit using PG2 RC1. PG2 will seems to start with windows but the system tray icon does not appear. The process is running but i want to make sure that it is running properly. Is there a fix for this or is there a way to check that PG2 is blocking IPs?

    If i try to start PG2 by opening the program again then another process will start but no splash screen or icon still.

    All settings are correct:-

    Start with Windows - yes
    Always start hidden - No
    Show Splash - Yes
    Always hide tray icon - No
    Hide window on close - Yes

    Any help appreciated.

     
  • jre-phoenix
    jre-phoenix
    2010-04-07

    In an effort to make this tracker usable again, this report is closed.

    If this report relates to the PeerGuardian Windows application, you
    may try PeerBlock instead: http://www.peerblock.com.

    If this report relates to an IP that is blocked or not blocked: The
    blocklists are maintained by http://www.bluetack.co.uk and
    http://tbg.iblocklist.com.

    If this report is about failed blocklist downloads. Check out
    http://iblocklist.com, this site offers reliable downloads of all
    blocklists.