Unsupported SRAM Cards

oscar_
2005-10-06
2013-04-08
  • oscar_
    oscar_
    2005-10-06

Hello everyone.

I've installed two different card readers into a Debian Linux with kernel 2.6.8. The hardware seems to be recognized well and it red correctly the compact flash cards I tryed. Unfortunately I need to read SRAM cards too...

When I insert that kind of card (I've tryed with Kingmax 1MB amd Transcend 2MB cards) no errors are reported but cards are not recognized well. No mem0 device is created because cardmgr detects cards as "unsupported cards". After executing "dump_cis" and entering version info into the "config.opts" file cardmgr puts the name of the cards in "stab" file, but it puts just the name, no minor/major numbers nor other information.

Any ideas?
    Thanks a lot.

Oscar.

• David Hinds
      David Hinds
      2005-12-30

SRAM cards are supported by the pcmcia-cs drivers with 2.4 and older kernels.  The kernel PCMCIA subsystem, with a 2.6 kernel, currently does not have a working driver for simple memory cards.  There is a driver for the 2.4 kernel PCMCIA subsystem called pcmciamtd that I'm told works but seems to be essentially unmaintained and undocumented.

-- Dave