Justin Kim
  • Justin Kim
    Justin Kim

Hello. everyone.

I am using uClinux 2.4.17 for dvd player.
    this dvdplayer doesn't support PCMCIA part by hardware,
    it means that there isn't memory map for PCMCIA I/O.
    there is only 2 register to access PCMCIA part.

Normally, as you know, for indirect access, there is 2 register(address, data register)  to access to some hardware.
    for this dvdplayer, there is only 2 register (address register , data register for) to access PCMCIA part (attribute read/write, io read/write).

So, when I access PCMCIA part , I have to address regsiter and data register.
    In this case, Should I use the CONFIG_VIRTUAL_BUS flag or any idea to access PCMCIA part ?
    -Best Regards-

• David Hinds
      David Hinds

Yes this is the type of thing VIRTUAL_BUS was designed for.

-- Dave

• Justin Kim
      Justin Kim

Thanks for your reply.

it works properly now.
      -- Justin-

• J.Bright

I am working on the PCMCIA host controller driver and its integration with the pcmcia-cs package.

PCMCIA host controller is programmed using memory mapped registers. PCMCIA host controller is connected with the CPU via a non-standard custom bus. Also, the PCMCIA hardware conforms to PCMCIA/PC CARD 2.1 standard.

PCMCIA interrupts like card_detect and card_status_change etc can be enabled, disabled and cleared using PCMCIA registers. Attribute memory, common memory and IObase are also mapped into the memory map. PCMCIA interrupt handler is called on PCMCIA card insertion and removal.

According to my understanding, to integrate the host driver part with the pcmcia-cs package, socket services layer functions passed to register_ss_entry() function will require modifications. Is there anything else that may need modifications? How much effort is required for successful integration?

Looking forward to helpful pointers and guidelines.

-- J.Bright