Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Need way to toggle checkbox in Auto Type

Help
John Navas
2009-10-03
2014-02-08
  • John Navas
    John Navas
    2009-10-03

There appears to be no way to toggle a checkbox with Auto Type (as of 3.19),
    which is normally done with a mouse click or by pressing the spacebar. Sending
    a space character to a checkbox control doesn't work, and I've found no work-
    around. This is essential for certain login screens.

Entered as

: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=429582&aid=287233
    6&group_id=41019
    "Feature Request
    2872336"

• fernando
    fernando
    2009-10-06

Your demo... selecting the "C service":

\u\t\ct\p\t\n\t\n

username tab {n|a|b|c} tab password tab enter tab enter

• John Navas
    John Navas
    2009-10-06

Thanks, but the issue is the check-box for "I agree to the terms of
    service", not the drop-down control.

• fernando
    fernando
    2009-10-06

The previous and below examples function correctly in Opera9; however not in
    IE7.

Autotype:

\u\tc\t\p\o1\n

username tab {n|a|b|c} tab password {Notes Line 5} enter

Notes Line 5:

\t \t

tab {space} tab

• John Navas
    John Navas
    2009-10-06

Thanks, but does not work in Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 or Firefox 3.5.3

• mdeck
    mdeck
    2014-02-08

I know this is a hideously old thread, but I needed the answer and didn't find it documented, so I thought I'd capture what worked for me: I'm using V3.29, and what worked for me to be able to change checkbox select/unselect with space using autotype was to specify "\z" in the autotype string. I put it at the beginning, not sure if it matters where it comes in the string. Worked for me with several sites on IE and FireFox.

From the help file:
    "\z invokes the old AutoType mechanism. This mechanism may handle non-Latin characters incorrectly, but can make AutoType work on certain problematical web sites. If you find that AutoType does not work properly on a particular web site, try this code in the AutoType command field."