Menu

Problem with a couple of options

Help
Ed Y
2013-11-20
2013-12-10
  • Ed Y

Ed Y - 2013-11-20

Running V3.32 on a Win 7 Home Premium machine. (this is wife's machine) Had the same problem with V3.31. Don't know when it started actually as wife never mentioned it until recently. I also use a Win 7 Home Premium machine and don't have this problem. Both machines are up to date with MS updates.

The following 2 options cannot be changed: (possibly more but these are the ones I'm trying to change). I prefer to set the "notification area icon" entry for Password Safe to "show notifications only". Password Safe will NOT show in task bar at the bottom when one or both of these options are checked.

1. Systems - put icon in system tray
    2. Security - lock password data base on workstation lock

I do NOT want either of these 2 options checked. However when I uncheck them, reply OK, the change holds until Password Safe is closed. Neither my wife or I leave Password Safe running all the time. When Password Safe is started again. both options are checked again.

I have cleared the notification area icons after running to Ccleaner to clear the "tray notifications cache". I've tried all options in "notification area icons" to get it to work and still no luck. The options in the registry "LockonWindowlock" and "usesystemtray" are both set to 0. This is the way they are set on my PC too.

What can I do to resolve this?? I've been a long time user of Password Safe (many years).

Ed

• Ed Y

Ed Y - 2013-12-10

Resolved by backing up my data base, uninstalling password safe, then re-installing it.