Berkhout
2013-10-05
2013-10-05
  • Berkhout
    Berkhout
    2013-10-05

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, PWS 3.31, Cyberfox 24.0.0, Firefox 22.0.0
    Description of problem:
    A few days ago I upgraded PWS from 3.31 to 3.32. Up until then PWS worked flawlessly: if I chose "Browse to URL and Autotype" Cyberfox was started and username and password were filled in.
    After upgrading, this did not work anymore (see bug report). The browser window was opened, but the username and password were not applied to the open browser window. I therefore reverted to PWS 3.31. However, after this operation when I choose "Browse to URL and Autotype" Cyberfox is started in "Safe Mode". If I change my default browser to Firefox, this too is opened in safe mode. I uninstalled PWS, got rid of the \Program Files (x86)\Password Safe directory, rebooted and reinstalled PWS 3.31. Behavior did not change.
    Why is Cyberfox (and Firefox) opened in safe mode? If I open them from a desktop shortcut or by double-clicking them in Windows Explorer, they open normally.

• fernando
      fernando
      2013-10-05

Does a URI opened from command line or Run box open browsers in "Safe Mode"?
      e.g.
      Start > Run (Win+R)
      https://sourceforge.net

• Berkhout
        Berkhout
        2013-10-05

No, it does not. Via the Run mechanism, both browsers open in normal mode.