Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Finding a database/safe

Help
almcgoon
2005-07-15
2012-09-17
  • almcgoon
    almcgoon
    2005-07-15

I'm having the same problem, but can't use the "Save As" dialogue because the database isn't open. I have two databases - one created when I first used pwsafe; the second I created a few months later. The second I put in pwsafe's directory, but the first was located elsewhere - I presume whatever default directory pwsafe uses for storing such things.

Now I can't find the first database, since the only one displayed in the browse window is the second one created (and last one opened).

The computer, of course, has a bazillion *.dat files scattered everywhere - is there any way I can determine which one is a pwsafe database? Is there a default filename/directory that pwsafe uses for the first database?

Al McGoon

• almcgoon
    almcgoon
    2005-07-15

How many people answer their own questions? Problem was easily solved with ver 2.0, once I thought about it. Create a new database, then pull down the file menu once it's open - the recently opened file list contains the list of databases.
    Al McGoon