Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Clipboard access?

2006-06-20
2012-09-17
  • Volkan KURT
    Volkan KURT
    2006-06-20

Hello,

I have recently started using Password Safe (with 3.01 version) and there seems to be a problem. It doesn't allow me to paste anything at all. I copy the password to the clipboard but then I cannot paste it? So what's the use.. This is a windows xp sp2 machine..

Any idea?

Thanks in advance..

• Volkan KURT
      Volkan KURT
      2006-06-20

Sorry, I must respecify the problem. When I try to paste the password or anything else on a remote terminal (using remote desktop connection) it fails to do so. What would be the reason for that?

• Rony Shapiro
        Rony Shapiro
        2006-06-22

Er, can you paste anything else in this scenario?

• Volkan KURT
      Volkan KURT
      2006-06-28

Sorry, apparently I had to be more careful before I post. Yes, I cannot paste anything into the login or password box thru the terminal services client. So this problem turns into a request.

Only autotype works at this scenario. But then there's a problem. Autotype is not shadowed. I mean what I type in there is clearly visible. I think autotype should also be masked (shadowed, asterixed etc.) Or it would be very nice if there was a checkbox to set autotype to the password. Then that feature might be useful.

Also an off topic feature request is the URL part should also accept NFS, windows share etc uri's or at least windows shortcuts.. Most of the time I store windows logon passwords and it would be nice to double click and ctrl + t to access some internal file share.

Thanks in advance..