Menu

Feature Request: Field Fill

2005-01-26
2012-09-17
  • Tony Heeley

Tony Heeley - 2005-01-26

I'd like to suggest a feature where if a form is accessed on the web or login details are required that the appropriate data is added to the field.

This functionality would be similar to RoboFill.

• aeg2004

aeg2004 - 2005-02-28

I would also like to see something like this. It would act like a simple script language like KeyWallet uses.
      http://www.keywallet.com/

--
      Alan

• Tony Heeley

Tony Heeley - 2005-03-02

I have now used Password Safe a little more and realise that the 'auto type' feature goes some way to achieving my request.

However, I like the fact that RoboFill is a toolbar that is sensitive to the webpage and a single click populates the necessary data.

• aeg2004

aeg2004 - 2005-03-10

Auto type works fine for most situations, but there are some sites where the username/password are not in consecutive boxes, which will break auto type.

The one feature of keywallet that I like over PW Safe is that I can drag & drop an entry onto the first input box in a window and it will execute a recorded script, inserting the username and password with the appropriate tabs and other characters required. The script can be written manually or a 'recorder' will generate it. This would be a great enhancement to Password Safe.

• Rony Shapiro

Rony Shapiro - 2005-03-10

Er, the autotype behaviour can be configured per-entry to skip over fields, enter other text, etc. See the "Customizing Auto Type" entry in the online help. Let me know if something's unclear.

I like the idea of dropping an entry on a field. Perhaps in a future version - thanks!

Rony

• RandyHa11

RandyHa11 - 2005-03-10

You can get username/password in non-consecutive boxes by adding an
      "autotype:" directive in the notes section for that account.

Basically, add as many tabs as you need to get between fields:

autotype:\u\t\t\t\p\t\t\t\n

This would enter the username, tab 3 times, enter the password,
      tab 3 times, and type "enter".

There is a good description of this in the pwsafe help (press F1),
      as well as additional options for autotype.