Mike Tsao
2006-06-23
2013-10-21
  • Mike Tsao
    Mike Tsao
    2006-06-23

Hello,

Long time user, first time complainer.

In v.1.92c, which I've been using for years, sometimes I end up adding passwords to a backup file instead of my original, and then when I back up again, I lose the edits. The problem is described in more detail here: http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/000254.html

I think the problem can be addressed in v3.0 with a similar patch.

DboxMain.cpp, line 1215:

if (0 != newfile.Right(4).Compare(".bak")) {
    m_saveMRU = true;
    }

line 541:

if (0 != m_core.GetCurFile().Right(4).Compare(".bak")) {
    m_saveMRU = true;
    }

I don't use v3.0, however, so I haven't tested these changes. If one of the developers understands what I'm talking about and agrees it's a usability problem, I'd really appreciate your incorporating this patch (or something better) into the code. Thanks.

• Jeff H.
    Jeff H.
    2013-10-21

I have used PWSafe for years and love it. However, I just installed it on a new win8.1 computer (with a fingerprint reader.) I get a message, each time I add or edit the database, "unable to create intermediate backup" "couldn't save database-please save manually" The manual 'save' doesn't save changes. Is the fingerprint application messing up all saves?

• Rony Shapiro
    Rony Shapiro
    2013-10-21

Don't think the fingerprint reader has anything to do with it. There seems to be a subtle issue with file permissions that I'm somehow missing. Will look into it soon.