Password Safe for Windows RT/Surface RT

OoHaKMaNoO
2013-12-12
2014-02-14
  • OoHaKMaNoO
    OoHaKMaNoO
    2013-12-12

I'm a dedicated user and have nothing but great things to say about Password Safe. I've recently purchased a Surface RT tablet and its almost perfect. The only thing it is missing is Password Safe. Is there any plans to port Password Safe to RT? If not is there any kind of work around?

• Jerry McLellan
    Jerry McLellan
    2013-12-31

I just got a Surface Pro 2 for a birthday present, and Password safe works great, but was looking to see if there was a Windows 8 "App" available - required for Surface RT/2, but would also work better for any Windows 8.1 Apps that require a password. I found an app that was called "Metro Password Safe", but alas, it does not use the same database.

I am thinking about getting my wife a Surface 2 to replace an older iPad, but without Password Safe being able to run, I don't know if I will do it. Amazing how absolutely "hooked" I am on Password Safe. Would be very willing to pay for the Windows Store App version if available and would use the same database, so that I can continue to use SugarSync, DropBox, and SkyDrive to asset my password database from anywhere/any device.

• GrampyR
    GrampyR
    2014-02-14

I have a Surface/RT with Win8.1RT and would really like to find Password Safe in the MS store. I have used Password Safe for about 10 years on my various platforms, I have never had any problems! I received the Surface from my family to allow quicker access to email, but I need my older laptop for stuff such as tax prep software.