RDP Support?

2013-09-11
2013-09-12
  • celia poehls
    celia poehls
    2013-09-11

I searched for this but did not find what I was hoping for. Does anyone know if there would be any future ability to support a "domain" field in Password Safe?

I have customers moving to increasingly draconian security systems which requires a logon and then citrix (or citrix type) access and I can no longer save RDP credentials locally.

Thanks for any thoughts.

celia

• Dave Griffin
    Dave Griffin
    2013-09-11

you could store this in the 'notes' field, and use autotype to enter specific lines from the notes...

• celia poehls
    celia poehls
    2013-09-11

Dave, that is a good workaround. Um, I know I do not use password safe to its fullest and am moving forward there.

how would I do that please?

celia

• celia poehls
    celia poehls
    2013-09-11

PS. I am thinking about this more. In this particular case I am using OPP right? other people's passwords. I work with many clients and must keep server credentials.

In this scenario I am first going to a website, logging in, waiting for a secondary code and entering that and then launching RDP/terminal services via a citrix style. Does password safe have the ability to pause itself?

• fernando
      fernando
      2013-09-11

Please see the Help file.
      Using Password Safe > Using Auto Type
      (or AutoType in the Help Index)

May be of interest:
      /o
      /oNNN

There is no PAUSE, there are WAITs which are more likely not suitable.
      /wNNN
      /WNNN

Consider some type of 'multiple entry login schema'.

See Appendices > Aliasing Passwords
      (or Alias in the Help Index)

• Dave Griffin
    Dave Griffin
    2013-09-11

The help file on autotype is a good read :-)
    \o substitutes the entire notes field, while \oN enters the Nth line

I'd suggest you have two separate entries - one for the website, and a separate one for the RDP, the delay in startup for the citrix is probably too long a wait in practicality.
    Also - be aware with autotype that if you switch windows or do anything else with your machine while password safe is still running the autotype, then it will redirect the pwsafe autotype output to whatever app you switch to - use caution, particularly with long waits...

• celia poehls
    celia poehls
    2013-09-12

Thanks Dave, that is what I did. It works well. I just need to determine a new logical system in my brain to keep them "next" to each other.

The window "focusing" is a constant irrirtant. I have other applications that kick rdp automatically and sometimes they grab focus!

celia