Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Passwords gone!

Alex
2006-07-22
2012-09-17
  • Alex
    Alex
    2006-07-22

I have recently installed Password Safe 3.01, and it was working fine. I just opened Password Safe up on my home computer which is running Windows ME (I have it on a flash drive). I had almost no problems before on XP, but now there are green squares with [] next to them. This address is a screenshot:

http://www.hostmyfile.info/files/1158/ScreenShot001.png

I would appreciate any help,
    Thanks.

• Rony Shapiro
      Rony Shapiro
      2006-07-22

Hi,

Your passwords haven't been lost. The problem is that Windows ME doesn't support the text format that XP does (unicode), which PasswordSafe 3.x switched to for multilingual support.

You can either look for a patch for Windows ME on Microsoft's website, or use PasswordSafe 2.16 on the ME and export to that format from your XP machine.

Cheers,

Rony

• davidsrsb
      davidsrsb
      2006-08-03

The passwordsafe homepage needs updating then as win98x suuport is still claimed.
      I run a mix of machines, some with XP and using v3, so I have a compatibility problem if I have to keep some back at v2

Making ther display method switchable would be great as I have no use for unicode characters.