Not 100% reproducible, but happens fairly often.
- Take a safe with a fairly large number of entries (mine has 250).
- Select an entry with a long password (e.g. length of 10)
- Right-click and select 'Display subset of password'
- press 1 2 3 to display the first three characters of the password
- Move focus to a different application (e.g. to type in the subset displayed)
- Wait until password safe auto-locks
- Double click on the tray to unlock password safe. The subset with the first three letters will be displayed
- Press backspace 5 times. This will leave only the "1" and the first letter of the password showing
- Press Esc. Password Safe will crash.
I haven't been able to reproduce with a test database.
I attach a minidump.