Linux version 0.92 BETA of Password Safe does not save/load preferences from $HOME/.pwsafe/pwsafe.cfg when $HOME/.pwsafe is a symbolic link, pointing to a directory.
Steps to reproduce this behavior:
1. move existing $HOME/.pwsafe to a backup location
2. create a new temporary directory and link (ln -s) $HOME/.pwsafe to it
3. run Password Safe and change some settings
4. exit Password Safe ->> $HOME/.pwsafe/pwsafe.cfg is not created
Additionally, existing pwsafe.cfg is not loaded in this configuration;
5. copy pwsafe.cfg from backup location to linked directory
6. run Password Safe and verify settings ->> settings are not read from the configuration file
I use the above configuration ($HOME/.pwsafe link) to keep password safe databases and configuration files on an external USB flash disk.